- The Litvak Special Interest Group at JewishGen is constantly adding
information to its database. Search the All-Lithuania Database for Telzak to find the 1874 Census information on the family.
- This page at JewishGen is devoted to cemeteries that have immigrants from Keidan. However, some of these cemeteries included persons from
other places such as Vandziogala, which is not too far from Keidan.
Search for Telzer at this site plus for any of the married names of
the female Telzers who emigrated to the U.S.
- This wonderful site has a huge amount of information on Jewish
genealogy including numerous searchable databases.
- The Jewish Genealogical Society
- This great site has information not available at JewishGen such
as Brooklyn naturalization indexes and extensive listings of Jewish
organizations including New York area burial societies. Be sure to
check out the
page which includes a link to the 2/6/1900 incorporation paper
of Congregation Bnai Israel Anshi Regolo Ve’Keidan which shows
Goodman Telzer's signature.
- Searching the Ellis Island Database in One Step
- This is easiest way to search the
Ellis Island ship's passenger
Most of the original ship manifests are on two pages and you will
usually have to use the previous or next link at the Ellis Island
Records' original ship manifest page to see the other page.
- To find the ship's manifest with the passenger record for Ike (Isser)
Telzer and his wife, search for Yssar Telezyk.
- On the Main Search Page (use Show Both for a last name search),
search for Telzak to find Hirsch Telzak (also known as Girsh Telzak),
Gerschon Telzak (who is Gershon Telzak), and a Shiffre Telsak (probably
a related Telzak).
- The leading publisher of the Jewish genealogy products also has
the Consolidated Jewish Surname Index on its site.
Copyright 2000, 2008, Gregory Kolojeski. All Rights Reserved.
This page was last updated